Having an online business is trending now more than ever. Studies show there are an estimated 1.3 million ecommerce businesses online today.
Fact is no matter where you live in the world, if you have internet connection then you can have an online business.
The internet continues to create opportunities for the super savvy entrepreneur. And will for many years to come. If you’ve ever thought of having an online business then now is the time to start.
Whether your looking to create a passive income, start a part time side hustle, or replace your full time job, there are various businesses you can start online.
An online business can be…..
- One where all work is done virtually
- One where you sell products through your website
- One where you provide services from comfort of your home
Find your passion or rediscover what you love and turn it into a business.
Examples of an online business you can start today:
- Buying and reselling on eBay
- Business consulting
- Freelance writing
- Social media expert
- Antique refurbishment
- Event coordinator
- Personal assistant
- Jewelry making
- Growing produce to sell
- Proofreading and editing
- Scrapbook making and selling designs
- Slideshow making
- Make soap and spa products for resale
- Tutoring online
- Virtual assistant
- Website design
- Wedding planner
- Affiliate marketing
- Become a business or life coach
- Resume writing service
- Remote technical support service
How to set up your online business
- define your passion and what business you will start and why you decided to make money online
- Research and Name your online business
- Define business structure and get license if required
- Get online business domain and hosting
- Research and grab social media names for your business
- Upload themes for your website
- Define and upload your services on your website
- Update the about me, contact us, privacy page, and affiliate disclosure pages of your website
- If selling products, upload to site and be sure to create an Etsy shop
- Publish and go live!
- Do a soft launch by telling friends and family about your new online business
- Start posting to your social media sites to engage people and draw traffic to your website
- Research social media sites on keywords that apply to your business and start making a list of the most searched keywords
- Follow people in your niche and make note of competitors
How to make money with your online business?
First start small then scale up. Don’t spend money you don’t have yet.
Second, treat everything aspect as a revenue center. And by that we mean if its not going to make you money think twice before doing it.
Third, keep good records.
Once your new online business is up and running, you’ll have plenty of other small tasks to do. Just remember, always celebrate your successes no matter how big or small. By opening your online business, you have aligned yourself for many advantages both personal and in business.
Good luck on your journey! And be sure to comment and let us know how your new online business is thriving!