Oh the joys of being a grandmother! The day I became a grandmother was the greatest day of my life. I spent countless hours rubbing little toes and fingers and monitoring his breathing. A brand new baby boy was brought into my life.
Being a grandmother for the first time
I became a grandmother for the first time. I read every poem or book on being a grandmother for the first time. I desired to know what qualities made a good grandmother.
No book nor poem could prepare me for what was before me eyes. I was in love.
Over the past four years, I have learned a great deal and grown alongside of my grandson. I learned what it meant to be a grandparent. You look up and a joy rushes over you that all the years of rearing your own culminated in good children and even more precious grandchildren. I had did ok.
My grandson and I always have good times and wouldn’t trade it for the world.
What did I learn from being a grandmother? What are my thoughts on being a grandmother?
- You are loved unconditionally
- You love them unconditionally
- Grandchildren are the sweetest
- Kids a truly smart these days
- They make you feel special
- Make you proud
- Proud to show off
- You’ll buy gifts just because
- Gift giving never goes out of style
- Being silly is the greatest pastime
- It’s ok to stay up past 8
- Fresh baked cookies are ok to eat in morning
- I have new people to spoil
- I now know I did a good job with my own
- I feel extremely blessed
- Life is good
- Life is short
- Cherish every moment
- See grands often
- Create memories
- Create traditions such as taking annual trips. Read my post on great trips the kids will love.
- Laughter and smiles are best things for soul
- It’s ok to cry we are human
- It’s ok to make mistakes I’m old
- I don’t know enough about electronics
- I can’t do all dances but grands have fun with me trying
- They aim to please and it melts my heart
- That I have fallen in love all over again
Being a grandma quotes
Being a grandmother comes with many hours and days of constant laugher. There are so many funny and unique quotes about being a grandmother on the internet. Here are a few of my favorites which I found during my numerous hours of internet perusal:
“Grandparents make the world … a little softer, a little kinder, a little warmer.” — Unknown
If nothing is going well, call your grandmother. – Italian Proverb
Grandmas hold our tiny hands for just a little while…..but our hearts forever. – Unknown
Grandmothers always have time to talk and make you feel special. – Catherine Pulsifer
If you like those, check out more being a grandma quotes!
I absolutely adore this picture! It speaks volumes about the relationship.
I love being a grandmother! In a month he will be 4 and its the greatest things in the world to me.
Lovelies, how many of you are grandparents? And what are your greatest moments?