A bucket list isn’t hard to do. One day I sat and thought about the things I’ve done with my life, with my children, with my husband, and friends and it dawned on me. There was so much more I wanted to do. I knew I needed to make a bucket list and get to working on the things I wanted to do.
Have you ever made a bucket list? It’s basically a list of things you want and would love to do. A lot of people say its what you want to do before you kick the bucket but that sounds so like the end to me!
My bucket list is things I want to accomplish before I am 50!
If you read my post on 5 Boss Moves You Should Make in your 40s then you know I am all about not just living, not just saying oh well I am middle age and theres nothing super exciting or fabulous I can do now. Yes!!! You can do whatever your heart desires and age is nothing but a number.
- Go to Africa
- Take an adventure to Antarctica
- Go to Australia
- Travel to Asia
- Go to Europe
- Visit South America
- See the Eiffel Tower
- Visit the Louvre Museum
- Go to Dubai
- Sightsee to Thailand
- Go to Marrakesh
- Visit St. Marks Basilica
- Go to Brazilian Carnival in Rio de Janeiro
- Take a trip and try ziplining
- Im’ thinking of trying snorkeling (so this one is a big question mark but on the list to keep me out of my comfort zone)
- Fly in a hot air balloon
- Attend the World Cup
- Do a Color Run
- Run in a marathon
- Work with my mom and learn Sign Language
- Learn Mandarin
- Become fluent in Italian
- Learn to play chess
- Quit my day job
- Attend Monaco Grand Prix
- Flip a house
- Go to Cuba and have a cigar with my husband
- Take a road trip from Virginia to Los Angeles
- Go wine tasting at Napa Valley
- Attend the French Open
- Go to US Open
- Donate $2,000 at least to a worthy cause
- Have zero debt
- Take salsa and tango lessons
- Write a book
- Shake hands with a President
- Visit the remaining 16 states that my children and I did not get a chance to visit. When they were younger we used to take trips a lot and tried to go to every state. But alas they grew up and it makes me sad.
As I accomplish these, I will come back and update my list! What’s on your bucket list? What special places do you want to go or special adventures do you want to go on? Leave a comment and let us know. Someone else may want to go there too!
Have you ever seen the movie The Bucket List or read the book? It’s a great movie and will make you laugh and cry at the same time.