A house smell can invoke many feelings. One of euphoria. One of happiness. Even one of sadness. Keeping your house fragrant and fresh requires dedication and commitment. I love the smell of fresh flowers, candle, frankincense, and lavender and sweet orange oils. If you read my post on Lavender and its benefits then you know I am a lover of essential oils, its uses, and benefits.
1. Buy scented candles. I love candles but also like scented candle warmers. They are heavenly and the smell long lasting. An absolute fast way to bring a lovely fragrance into your home.
2. On the stove top simmer slices of orange a few clothes and some cinnamon. I do this a lot during the holidays and every time my guests come they are always awed at the wonderful smell. It sets the tone for my holiday but can be used anytime. All you need is a little water on the stove, add orange peels, cinnamon sticks and cloves and bring to a simmer. Let it just carry the scent all throughout the house.
A variety of things you have around the house can help make your house smell amazing
4. Clip car deodorizers on your fans or air returns. Your house will instantly be engulfed with the pleasant smell of cinnamon, vanilla, or whatever car vent deodorizer you choose. I also use charcoal deordizers that I originally bought for my car in the house. Try this 4-Pack 200g Naturally Activated Bamboo Charcoal Air Freshener Deodorizer Odor Neutralizer Bag and you will be amazed at the wonders it works.
5. We all remember how grandmas house used to smell! Then bake a scrumptious apple pie or peach cobbler or cherry pie and your house will smell amazing! Nothing smells better than a home swarmed in the smell of delicious food cooking. The smell of fresh baked cookies will conquer any bad smell you may have in your home also.
6. Clean your garbage disposal toss and leftover scraps of lemon and orange peel. We use our disposals often but we also forget to clean them. From time and time again of dumping food down drain and raining disposal, the leftovers and remnants create a bad smell. The peels of lemons and orange work wonders to combat the smell.
7. Cut up lemons and leave and place the cut side up on a tray and leave in the bathroom or the kitchen counter or near a vent. It will not only provide a pleasant smell but will work wonders to draw out whatever foul smell you may have.
One of my favorite beauty and awesome house smelling hacks
8. Place a few drops of essential oil on your furnace vent next time you replace it and the smell will linger throughout your whole. This is one of my favorite hacks and works like a charm! You can get the ArtNaturals Aromatherapy Top 8 Essential Oils, 100% Pure of The Highest Quality, Peppermint/Tee Tree/Rosemary/Orange/Lemongrass/Lavender/Eucalyptus/Frankincense, Therapeutic Grade as Ive tried these and they are wonderful or Natrogix Bliss Essential Oils – Top 9 Therapeutic Grade 100% Pure Essential Oil Set (Tea Tree, Lavender, Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Lemongrass, Lemon, Rosemary, Orange, Peppermint) w/Free E-Book.