Productivity is the effectiveness of effort. Its also efficiency. Life has gotten so chaotic and busy that we often find ourselves wanting more than 24 hours in a day, wanting tasks to just go away, wishing we could not work for the day because we have so much personal things to take care of, etc. Our lives don’t have to be that way. By implementing strategies to help you manage your time and become more efficient and productive, you will see yourself less stressed and approaching each day with a new vigor. These five strategies will not only make your morning routine more effective but create a sense of happiness within. Try them for a week and see how you feel.
5 productivity strategies to implement
Night before productivity tips
1. Set clothes out the night before. Yes getting your clothes ready the night before does help with productivity. There’s nothing like being more relaxed in the morning. Plus, you save a great deal of time by not trying on various outfits just to be late once again. Start your morning off right but the night before be sure to set your clothes out. Don’t forget your accessories! I love to play around with colors, prints, and fabrics to create the perfect outfit whether for office or night out and doing it before the day works wonders. One site I love to get perfect outfits is Stella & Dot as the selection is superb and price point awesome! Let’s not forget my often loss glasses! I have so many pairs its ridiculous and its all because I misplace them. Yes yours truly can be scatter brained at times and that’s why implementing a routine was so important. I absolutely love to get my frames from Warby and their new summer collection is to die for!
2. Make out your to do list for the next day the night before. For me this was a number one productivity life saver tip. At night your mind winds down and to me I think a bit clearer. I do it when Im not too tired and it works wonders. In the morning I know exactly what I need to tackle and check them off as I go. It also gives me a sense of accomplishment as I mark each task off. Later that night, I review and see what may not have been tackled and add tasks for the next day. Time management is extremely important in terms of productivity. If you manage your time you are able to get more down.
Morning of productivity tips
3. Get up at same time every day. How many times did you hit the snooze button this morning? Did it make you feel more refreshed or were you surprisingly tired? Try and get up at the same time every day. This trains your body and mind that its time to get up and hit the floor running as the world and all its splendor awaits you. I work from home and found that getting up at the same time and getting dressed as if I was going to the office puts me in a more productive mindset. Try it!
4. Do ten minutes of cardio in morning. Exercising in the morning helps you feel empowered. It boost creativity and you will feel better all around about your work and life balance. It gets the juices flowing!
5. Say an affirmation to yourself in the mirror. Affirmations are used to reprogram the subconscious mind, to encourage us to believe certain things about ourselves or about the world and our place within it. They are also used to help us create the reality we want—often in terms of making (or attracting) wealth, love, beauty, and happiness. Start your day and increase your productivity by first increasing the happiness and good vibration within you.